Tuesday 21 March 2017

The Maker Medley - March Challenge - Strange and Unusual



Good Morning all you internet lovelies,
I do hope you had wonderful weekends.

No automatic alt text available.Today I thought I’d show you the doll I made for The Makers Medley Challenge for March, which was titled ‘Strange and Unusual’.

I must admit to being a little stumped to start with, I really want this group to push me out of my comfort zone, but with joining the group late in the month and having quite a lot on already, I didn’t really have time to experiment the way I wanted to for this.
Image may contain: 1 person
No automatic alt text available.
No automatic alt text available.
I have been wanting to do a little more with paperclay, and see how it can be added to cloth dolls, so I hit on the idea of this little princess who is an elf fawn, with large curly ears and golden antlers. To give strength to the antlers I stated with wire and wrapped it in the clay and I’m quite pleased with the results. I still didn’t think she looked all that strange and unusual and so added a fairy godmother to watch her and what better thing to watch than an eye, so Blinkie was born (right on the last day of the challenge to be honest). I think I might add eyelids with arms and legs to Blinkie, she may become a whole range of dolls, what do you think?



Image may contain: 1 person
Strange and Unusual - all the dolls
Image may contain: one or more people and text
Next month’s topic is Angels (dark or light), so I intend to get a little bit further out of my box with that one. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram to see the grand reveal on 16th April, when we all post our dolls at the same time. 


Till next time, bye all.


Hugs and Kisses

Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment